A Music Teacher must be proposed by an individual (including self-proposal by a Music Teacher) to be entered in the 2019 Telstra ARIA Music Teacher of the Year Award (“the Award”). Entries will be accepted for individuals working in Music Programs in an educational context in Australia.
For the purpose of this Award, a Music Teacher is defined as:
1. Primary, secondary and tertiary specialist Music Teachers;
2. Primary, secondary, early childhood and kindergarten teachers involved in a Music Program
3. Private tuition music teachers
4. Musicians working as contractors in education facilities
5. A musician working as a volunteer in a Music Program
6. Musicians or teachers working in Music Programs within a community context or in a community arts setting.
A ‘Music Program’ is defined as a set of sequential lessons with music learning outcomes. They can take place as individual or group lessons and in private or in-school settings. Eligible Music Programs must have run within Australia during the period of 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 (“Music Program Period”).
The Music Teacher must have taught the Music Program within Australia at any time during the Music Program Period in order to be considered eligible for the Award.
In order to be considered eligible for this Award the Music Teacher must during the Music Program Period:
• be over 18 years of age; and
• be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Previous winners of the Award are not eligible to be entered in the Award for this year.
Previous finalists (excluding previous winners) for the Award and Music Teachers who have been previously entered for the Award are eligible to be entered in the Award for this year.
The ARIA Board reserves the right to exercise its discretion in regard to any special circumstances relating to eligibility for this Award.